Re: [OM] Temptation Ended or "You've just talked your way out of a sale.

Subject: Re: [OM] Temptation Ended or "You've just talked your way out of a sale."
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 15:20:39 EDT
In a message dated 9/30/01 11:39:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
royer007@xxxxxxxxx writes:

"I'm not
calling you a liar, but..."

As a 25 yr experienced professional salesman I am continually baffled by the
apparent stupidity and lack of training in sales venues that I visit.  In
many cases the person "selling" you something is only putting in their time.
They have had little, if any training in the product they are showing and in
most cases "Salesman of the Month" is a reward for longevity.  Much of the
blame for this should be put on the ownership and management of the stores
that allow such low quality service.

You were more than justified in walking out and I commend you on your
restraint.  I don't think I would have been very nice about such an insult.

Dave Dougherty