Re: [OM] [OT] Expression in english

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Expression in english
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 00:22:04 +0200
OK, so this goes for most of what I say. I think I will use this exp. often - don't laugh at me please ;-)

Henrik Dahl

Be devaluing an opinion to two one-hundreths of a dollar [as opposed to
offering an opinion worth the whole dollar] one is suggesting a) that
one is modest, b) deflecting in advance violent disagreements with what
one has opined, c) posing as deferential when, in fact, one is quite
prepared to chop off an arm of any person disagreeing with the opinion.
Most of the time the intent is a), but beware of context for the other
two meanings. End of proposal for dissent for the day.
les clark / edgewater, nj / usa

It just means that you're sharing an opinion, but it isn't worth much --
just 2 cents.  In other words, feel free to ignore the opinion.

Tom