RE: [OM] Poll on Focusing Screens

Subject: RE: [OM] Poll on Focusing Screens
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 13:42:34 -0600
> I think its about time to get a 2 series screen etched by John H.

 I've only used a 1-13 and 2-13, but of the two the 2 is certainly a _lot_
brighter.

 Weird side-effects -- if I look at the viewfinder from a distance, there's
a visible bright hexagonal pattern in there; it vanishes when my eye gets to
the right position, though.

 As for etching screens, has anyone tried this themselves? It seems as if
it'd just be a matter of keeping the screen still and going at it; that
said, I bought a cheap used screen which a previous owner had obviously
tried to etch -- the resultant "square" around the center of the frame was
crooked and off-center, which doesn't bode well..

 -- dan