[OM] Medfly ? was: Vivitar Macro Teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Medfly ? was: Vivitar Macro Teleconverter
From: zuikosis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:04:36 -0400
Cc: hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh boy !

I think I spotted some medflies in the backyard - I popped some Kodak
Max 200 into my OM2S put on the Zuiko macro 3.5 and the T10 Ring Flash.  Not
enough Magnification, so I put on the Vivitar Macro Teleconverter (I couldn't
find my reversal ring)!

Okay there has been a sterile release recently and we do have walnut
trees in the area so they could be walnut flies (I've never seen one).
I have seen and photographed the Medfly before
(http://flzhgn.home.mindspring.com/medfly.htm)

I'd better get a second opinion - okay I asked my wife to come out
and catch them for me, "Oh Hank, I have just the right jar!"
We put the jar with two medflies into the freezer and when they are
good and frozen we'll have a look at them under the AO Spencer cycloptic scope.

I'd better go find the black light to see if they have been tagged
with orange fluorescent dye!

I'll report back later !

-- Hank

olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Mark wrote:
==Are they any manufacturers that make a good 1.5 teleconverter in OM mount
other than the  zuiko 1.4xa.==

I have a Soligor 1.5x (3 - element) that has worked very well for me. I
bought this from B & H for $25.00 (New - old stock)
(I also have the Vivitar 2x macro. Ditto your comments about it.)

John Cwiklinski