Re: [OM] Poll on Focusing Screens now for OM1 and OM2

Subject: Re: [OM] Poll on Focusing Screens now for OM1 and OM2
From: pschings@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 12:22:30 -0400
Cc: watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 02 Oct 2001 20:07:35 -0700 Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Let's modify this topic a bit. I'll pose this question:
>
> What's your favorite screen to use with the OM1 and OM2 keeping a
> working meter, i.e. ruling out the 2 series screens and some of the
> 1's?   Why?  Assuming general use photography.

I really love the 1-14 assuming I'm using lenses faster than f4. I find
that the standard screens, although advertised to work with lenses as
slow as f5.6, already become annoyingly sensitive to proper eye centering
with my f4 zooms. The diagonal split in the 1-14 is much more convenient
for me (I never have to rotate the camera more than 45 degrees to get
critical focus, and I rarely have to rotate it at all). Otherwise I like
a plain matte screen. The only plain matte 1-series screen I have is a
1-10, but I'm sure I'd be happy with a 1-4. I really like the 2-4 in my
OM-4. A 2-14 would be really nice. As would a 2-10.

Paul