[OM] Battery drain with OM4

Subject: [OM] Battery drain with OM4
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:33:45 +1200
Cc: Arild Eikenaes Vengen <Arild.Vengen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

My OM4Ti had a thorough service (routine total CLA) by the NZ agents
Perrys when they replaced the circuit board which failed within a week of my
purchasing the camera, and when it came back I noticed they had set the
shutter-speed ring to the B / 60 setting which can only be done by pressing
the RESET button while rotating the shutter-speed ring.

Since there is no designated <on/off> switch for the cameras electrics, I took
the cue that this is how to  *really* switch  the camera off.

In more than 7 months of use on one set of silver batteries, scrupulously
turning off thus between uses, I have had no problem with excessive battery
drain that I have noticed.  It's still "all go", and I am very happy with it..

Brian Swale