RE: [OM] Unlikely uses for 1.4x

Subject: RE: [OM] Unlikely uses for 1.4x
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:20:29 +0200
Hi,

>was taking a bit of a chance. I slowly attached the converter to my
pristine 85-250 while
>waiting for the moment of truth. Would I feel the lens click into place
first or feel the
>two elements collide. I didn't take any measurements but I was reasonably
sure I could

You're a brave man! :)
You could also have just put a thin piece of cloth in between the two
elements in case they would collide, such that damage would be minimised or
prevented at all...
Anyway, fortunately the two pieces fit together. :)

>And, what other uses has anyone found for the 1.4x that Olympus does not
recommend?

There's one particularly interesting one that I'm aware of (note: I don't
have a 1.4xA so this is hearsay, coming from Giles): this is that when you
combine the 1.4xA with an extension and a telephoto lens, you get a really
nice macro combination. The location of the 1.4xA does matter, but I'm not
certain whether one should attach the 1.4xA to the body and then attach the
extension tube to that, or vice versa. Hmmm, it's still pre-coffee time, so
I'll bud out, but if you want more details, Giles should be able to provide
them...:)

Cheers!
Olafo