Re: [OM] Unlikely uses for 1.4x

Subject: Re: [OM] Unlikely uses for 1.4x
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 17:04:31 -0700
> ohn Shaw (Closeups in Nature) argues that the extension needs to go
> inbetween the converter and the lens. Extension has more effect on a shorter
> focal length. I'd love to try this combination with a 135/4.5 but I don't
> have the 1.4XA :-(

Careful! You might run into a conflict with this combo because I think
the 135 rear element protrudes as does the front element on the 1.4x-a.
Better make sure that the extension is deep enough both ways. Maybe the
telescoping extension tube would be deep enough, at least extended a
ways. But then there is the risk of banging the elements together when
you close it up. Now I'm curious, maybe I'll go measure them.

In any event at least one extension would have to go between the 1.4xa
and many lenses because of the protruding element.

Mike
--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West