Re: [OM] 35-70/4 question

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70/4 question
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 04:27:55 -0700 (PDT)
Unfortunatley the 35-70/4 is quite cheap compared to
the other Zuiko zooms since it is the "disfavored son"
so to speak. The 35-70/3.6 is a whole lot more
expensive because it was Olympus's pro zoom before the
introduction of the superb and superbly expensive
35-80. The 35-70/3.5-4.5 is worth about twice the 4 in
my experience because it is light, takes very nice
pictures, is compact, and light... did I mention the
3.5-4.5 is really really lightweight. The 3.5-4.5 is
also somewhat rare! on E-bay, at least of late. I have
seen like 3 or 4 3.6 zooms for every 3.5-4.5, and I
see lots of 4 zooms around. Its a good lens, the
problem is that its not a pro zoom like the 3.6 nor is
it light, small and very very nice like the 3.5-4.5.

Mark Lloyd

http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/om-prices.txt)