[OM] Is There NO END to this FRUSTRATION? (Long)

Subject: [OM] Is There NO END to this FRUSTRATION? (Long)
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 11:04:45 EDT
Fellow Zuiks,

I need to vent.  I decided to take the plunge and buy a digital camera.
After some research I decided on an Olympus C4040.  ( No need to go into why
here)  I sent payment to an eBay store on September 28 via Priority Mail with
Delivery Confirmation.  As of yesterday the Priority Mail piece hasn't
arrived at the payee's mail box.  The USPS web site shows that the piece was
"accepted" in San Diego on the 28th. The site does not report that it has
arrived at it's destination.

Friday the 5th I filed a lost mail report and lost Money Order reports.  To
my chagrine I had to pay $2.75 each to have the PO trace the money orders,
and they have misdirected the mail!  It will take 60 days before they will
refund the MO funds.  "No you can't just stop payment."  "No we don't have
real-time tracking of Priority Mail."  No we don't have day to day tracking
of Money Orders deposited."

When one fills out the lost MO form it doesn' t even ask for the name of the
payee!  This is obviously a 1920s procedure.

So, what do we do?  Do we have to send every important piece of mail and
certainly any type of payment via FedEx or UPS?  Do we use only credit cards?
 And what about the merchandise coming back the other way?  (Tom S, you are a
brave man)

I am disgusted and p----d off!

Dave Dougherty