Re: [OM] OM-4t over OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4t over OM-4
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 18:32:50 +0200

Both my 4Ti's have a 5-pin TTL connector on the body for T-series flash; the
F280 uses the TTL Auto Cord F0.6 for off camera flash with the OM-4T(i).  Do any
4T's have a 7-pin connector on the body?

Roger Key, CPH

At 04:18 10/6/01, Mark Lloyd wrote:
>I might be getting an OM-4t soon at a very good price
>from a local camera store ($450 in great condition)
>and now I have a choice. I can get the 4t and sell my
>om-4 or I can keep the 4 due to the fact that it was
>my first Olympus camera and I'm kinda nostalgic. I
>also have an OM-1n I'm getting CLA from John H (no way
>I'm selling that one, its in mint condition and I'm
>gonna get leather for it.) and finally I have an OM-2s
>in user condition that needs a good CLA that I just
>got off E-bay for 195 that I don't really want to sell
>either since its a different camera body. So I'll
>either stick with the 4 (which needs a good CLA) or
>sell it and get the 4t. I figure I could get a good
>225 off the 4 in its present condition (very good with
>the standard brassing around the film holder and door.
>  What should I do?
>
>Mark Lloyd

If you plan on using the TTL Auto connector on the body with anything but
an F280 for off-camera flash control, consider that the 4t has a 7-pin for
the F-280.  The 4 has a 5-pin for the "T" series flashes (as does the 2S).

-- John