Re: [OM] OT Slide viewer

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Slide viewer
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 15:01:03 +0100
Wayne Culberson wrote:

> I've been looking for a hand held slide viewer, and have seen some
> listed at bhphoto, but they don't have much info on them. Does anyone
> have any recommendations as what would be a good one?

I've never liked looking at slides at arm's length through glass or plastic
lenses because of reflections, finger marks, illuminated dust, etc. The
small Agfa Lupe type are okay for viewing just a few slides, but my
favo(u)rite was the Hanimex Hanorama. It had a curved mirror to give a 3-D
illusion because you looked at it with both eyes. The magnification wasn't
great, which is why, as a half-frame user, I didn't buy one at the time but
I bought one last year going cheaply on eBay. The illumination has to come
from above and behind your head but if I remember correctly, there was also
a battery-illuminated model though I haven't seen one of those.

Regards,
Keith Berry