[OM] Updated Zuiko Lens Data

Subject: [OM] Updated Zuiko Lens Data
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:57:27 -0400
Well, at last I've updated my page on the Zuiko Lens Ebay auctions at

http://www.skipwilliams.com/olympus/olympus_top.htm

The auction data now contains 2965 auctions, up from about 1300 before.

You can read the disclaimers on the page, but basically I'm not going to apologize for the incompleteness of the data. Don't use it for comprehensive trend analysis. The data isn't good enough for that. It doesn't contain condition, black/silvernose, MC/SC, NIB, etc. So its caveat emptor on its use.

As I slogged through the data, I ignored a lot of the auctions over the past year because I didn't really want (for example) another 100 auctions for 28/3.5's or 50/1.8's. It takes quite a bit of time to go through the auction data and clean it up, deleting auctions that aren't for one lens alone verifying that the auction descriptions are correct, etc..

But I think it's served it's purpose for many of us, and the updated market data should help in the future.

The graphs are a bit different, and better I think.

Also, I could use a few more data points on the big white lenses and the rarer stuff like the 1000/11, 24 Shift, or 8mm/2.8. If anyone has private sale data or auctions that I missed, please email me with details and I'll incorporate it into another, terse update.

I'll probably keep track of some of those big and rare lenses going forward, and some of the rarer Pen F lenses, but otherwise there won't be anymore wholesale updates.

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx
This hotmail.com email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and I will probably not notice any private messages addressed here.