Re: [OM] telephoto zoom lenses - guidance sought

Subject: Re: [OM] telephoto zoom lenses - guidance sought
From: JTimpe7777@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 23:09:30 EDT
Maybe a tad more difficult to find, but I highly recommend the Tamron 60-300
3.8/5.6.  It's a sweet lens, covers a greater span than any of the others
you're looking at, isn't too slow at most of the focal ranges you're after,
and I've not encountered pincushioning.  And, perhaps most importantly,
examples can be found (if you're patient) for the low 100 USD territory. I've
also got the 65-200 you're inquiring of, love it dearly too.  The Tamron's
got it in range/cost.

Tom and others will certainly opine on the 50-250... I'm not familiar with it
personally.  Nor the Tokina you mention.

My 0.02 USD worth,
Jim