Re: [OM] Silvernose

Subject: Re: [OM] Silvernose
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 22:34:57 +0200
On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 06:50:44PM +0200, Hans van Veluwen wrote:
> : > : Aren't all 200/5 silvernose?
> : >
> : > Nope; mine is black. MC too.
> :
> : Hmm, how do you determine this. My 5/200 comes with black nose, but I
> really woun`t tell
> : for sure weather it is MC or not. Sometimes I belive that I can see blue
> reflections, sometimes
> : I don`t. Well doesn`t matter a fine lens at all.
>
> Because it says so on the front - OLYMPUS OM-SYSTEM ZUIKO MC AUTO-T 1:5
> f=200mm 130303. Yes the reflections are blueish. The single coated version
> should read F.ZUIKO. If there's no F. and no MC than it's still MC.

Hmm, good to know that there are MC-labled examples around. Well according to
serial
number ~111000 and The F.Zuiko, I´d say it is SC. But there is always this
larger blue
reflection behind the expected yellowish reflecting surface. Maybe a not full
MC? Who knows.

Frieder Faig

P.S: The multicated filter is screwed off for inspection...