Re: [OM] What's up with this guy?

Subject: Re: [OM] What's up with this guy?
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:55:00 -0400
> Watch out for this one. "negesco " on Ebay.  I have gotten ripped off by him
> as well as others that I know.. Buyer BEWARE...........HIGH $$$$$$$$
> misleading info and over rated condition...

This guy was recently discussed on the rangerfinder list. His scam is to set
an unreasonably high reserve, and at the end of the auction, when the price
has not been met, to email the bidders and offer to sell for an absurdly
high price. Some people take the bait. Of course, since the transaction took
place off ebay, the buyer is without ebay's small amount of buyer
protection.

Allan