RE: [OM] OM-2Sp flash LED question

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-2Sp flash LED question
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:16:43 -0600
> > Well, I'll try cleaning the contacts and see what it gets me -- it
> > certainly doesn't fit as nicely as the T20 does, but it doesn't seem to
be
> > obviously loose, and the pins all look clean to me.
>
> Yes, this, and the "waiting-a-bit-longer-when-charging" trick might do
> magic.

 I did some final testing, and it seems that the Miranda flash has an extra
'mode' that the T20 doesn't have.. Pointing at a wall from a short distance
and watching what happens as I shut the aperture down, I get:

 T20 -- starts off lighting 'over', then the green LED flickers, then it
lights 'under'. No surprises there.

 Miranda flash -- starts off lighting 'over'. Then the green LED flickers.

 Then I get _nothing_ lighting up. No flickering LED, no 'under', no 'over';
everything's out. Checking with the 'light up bars' button, there's
definitely nothing on other than the '1 second' bar for time.

 Then I get 'under'.

 So the question is, what does it mean when all the lights go out? From the
pictures I've taken, it seems as if the 'everything-goes-out' mode is still
exposed properly, so I guess I can just treat that as if the green light was
flickering. It's just a bit of a pain that I can't really tell the
difference between that and the 'under' light coming on without illuminating
the display, as it's a bit too dark to see the 'under' otherwise. Ah well,
not a big problem, just an annoyance.

 Thanks for all the suggestions!

 -- dan