Re: [OM] Speaking of focusing screens...

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of focusing screens...
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:06:21 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/01 8:21:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tturgeon@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> do you actually use the split to focus or
> do you look at the picture as a whole?

I use a 1-13 in three bodies.  I do both but I think I lean toward using the
split more often after making a generalized focus on the scene.  In
photographing my favorite subject (my grand daughter) I use the whole picture
and usually attempt to get her eyes/eyelashes in focus.  I don't make a
conscious decision to use one or the other method, practice makes switching
back and forth almost unconscious.

Dave Dougherty