[OM] Controled mirror prefire on OM2S,4,...

Subject: [OM] Controled mirror prefire on OM2S,4,...
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:20:39 +0200
hallo,

I want to share my latest tought about the "missig" mirror-lock up with the late
 OM-System bodies. For lot of work the fixed 12 second self-timer period is
just awkward. But some time ago I´ve found out, that the camera is immediatly
firing when the self-timer-lever is turned back.
The idea is to tape a cable release with adhesive tape at the body.
The top of the cable release should be justifyed in a way that it moves the
shelf timer lever  into neutral position. This should bring the  contol of the
moment of
release back to me. What do you think. (except that the leather is not good for
taping).
Could this harm the body?

Frieder Faig