[OM] Painting a Zuiko lens?????

Subject: [OM] Painting a Zuiko lens?????
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:12:28 -0400
So I have a weird problem.....

        My dad's beloved Zuiko 300 4.5 now has a small mark (paint missing)
on the aperture ring.  He is a very picky collector ("polishes" his om1n and
2n regularly) and does not have email.  So here it goes.  He wants to take
black paint and paint over the small hole (with a pinhead I presume).  Has
anyone done this or know if it is safe to do?  What type of black paint
would you use?  Maybe John H., you have fixed lenses this way?  Any advice
would be most appreciated.

-Bill