[OM] Using a split with Macro work WAS Speaking of focusing screens ...

Subject: [OM] Using a split with Macro work WAS Speaking of focusing screens ...
From: Clendon Gibson <bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:32:49 -0700 (PDT)
These are macro shots taken with a split screen and
close up lenses.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=110864

I cannot honestly say that a split is better then
matte, because I have never tried using only matte on
an Oly system. My other camera, a Canon FTb has a
matte finish with a micro prism circle, which I found
impossible to use in circumstances similar to photos
linked above.

However, you can get very crisp results with a split
and close up lenses.