Re: [OM] C.H. Ling's Bug Pictures WAS Speaking of focusing screens

Subject: Re: [OM] C.H. Ling's Bug Pictures WAS Speaking of focusing screens
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:44:16 +0800
Hi Clendon,

Thanks for your praise, I think there are lots of experience macro
shooter here that are better then me, the general rule for higher
magnification macros is move the camera to focus, once the focus is
"in" press the shutter immediately. In this case you cannot use split
image to focus as the object may not be centered, even they are, you
may not be able to find suitable "lines" for you to align the split
image. For insects some are moving while you shoot, you have no time
to focus with your split image screen and then recompose your picture.

Even for non macro, my rule of shooting is framing first and then
using follow focus, until the right moment, press the shutter, so AF
and split image will not work for me.

C.H.Ling