[OM] 21/3.5 SC vs 21/3.5 MC vs 21/2

Subject: [OM] 21/3.5 SC vs 21/3.5 MC vs 21/2
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:26:12 +0200
Hi Guys,

At present I'm working on a website for another camera store. Part of the
payment may consist of a Zuiko 21mm lens, and in 2,5 hours from now I will
stop by the shop to determine if that will be indeed the case.

Before I do so, I was wondering a bit about everyone's experiences of the
performance of the 21/3.5 SC vs the MC variant and vs the 21/2 lenses
(which, I think, are all MC?). Normally I'm hardly bothered by the SC vs. MC
issue, but as this is an ultra wide angle, flare might become an issue. So,
let's assume the lens will be the oldest model that exists, which would be a
silvernose 21/3.5, can someone give me an indication as to how much
difference one should expect in the amount of flare given by such a version
vs the MC version(s)?

Cheers!
Olafo