Re: [OM] Worst lens you've ever used

Subject: Re: [OM] Worst lens you've ever used
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:56:24 +0100
"M. Royer" wrote:

> This topic is aobut what lenses one should ALWAYS stay
> away from. Lenses that have massive distortion, poor
> build quality or just plain stink.

Well, I had a Soligor 135/2.8 lens which was quite a reasonable
performer, and seemed to have decent build quality, until one day... it
just kind of fell into two halves.  As I tried to fit them back together
one of the bits also fell into two halves.  As I tried to do something
with the resultant mass of lens bits I managed to cut both my index
fingers.  It hurt like hell and made doing anything fiddly awkward for
ages.  I conceived a strong dislike for that lens at that point, and it
remains in pieces in a box buried beneath lots of stuff in a cupboard,
where it can do no further harm.

However, it only cost me 10 pounds and I did get some decent pictures
out of it so I didn't feel too upset.  That's the only lens of mine I've
ever had a problem with.

Roger