Re: [OM] TTL Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL Flash
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:33:39 -0700
Cc: "Tina" <tturgeon@xxxxxxxxx>
Tina,

The T-32 does not really have a auto fill function.
You will have to use the standard mathematical system for fill.
On full manual, iso 100, GN = 104.
Find a f stop to give you 1/60 or slower.
divide the f stop into the GN and that is how far away the flash should be.
You can reduce the f stop with a polarizer filter or a ND filter if need be.

Or, if the flash is on camera check the distance to subject and divide that
into the GN.  That is your f stop. You can reduce the ratio by setting the
manual setting to 52 instead of 104.
Make your calculations and adjustments depending on film speed.

Example:  iso 100 = GN 104.
At f 8 divide 8 into 104 and get 13.  13 feet is where the flash should be.
A zoom helps with composition here.

Or: At 13 feet GN of 104, divide 13 into 104 and get f 8.

I hope this helps and I hope I am right.

Charlie

===I'm still new to flash photography and I have a quick question.
I recently purchased a T32 (thanks to Mike on the list) and I
need to know how to use it for fill-in.  I'm taking my sister-
in-law's family portrait on Sunday morning and I'm pretty sure
I'll need to use a flash for fill-in.  Will it already know
to fill-in because of the TTL?  If you respond, could you please
cc: me directly too?  Thanks!  Btw, I'm using the T32 with my
OM-2S.

Tina====