[OM] Polarizer's and Picture comments

Subject: [OM] Polarizer's and Picture comments
From: "Jerry Smith" <proudtexan63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 20:12:17 -0500
   Thanks everyone for the info on the polarizer question, exactly what I
needed to know. Scott, nope, it doesn't say around the outside. All it says is,
"Tiffen Polarizer 49mm Japan". But by Roger, and Bill 's explanation I think
it's a linear. Although it's to dark to do the blue sky test, it looks the same
looking through both sides.
   Thanks too for the comments and critiques on the sport and airport shots.
Jamie, I used my OM2n, 50mm f1.4  with the before mentioned polarizer for the
shots of the aircraft themselves. The 50mm 1.4 for the rest, with just the
skylight 1a. I stated on photo.net that I used my 35-70, but when I looked back
in my kit I remembered using the polarizer. Since I only have the one polarizer
,and it's 49mm, I knew that was wrong. Chris in Oz, yes it helps to be employed
there. I work for AA, I was told to get off the ramp when I was taking the
sunrise shots. So then I concentrated on the planes and was told to get away
from them too. So I went inside and came out later for the other shots.
   Tris, yes the lighting on the field is bad. I'm going to try some of the
faster film you talked about, so maybe I can stop the action a little better,
although I like some of the movement. My son and his teammates who've seen the
pictures were pretty tickled with them. Especially when they saw I put them on
the web. I'll try some at a later game and see how that turns out, then I'll
put them out to see. Again, thanks for all the help and support, it makes me
want to go out and shoot a lot more.

  My best to all of my fellow zuikoholics, Smitty