Re: [OM] Worst lens you've ever used

Subject: Re: [OM] Worst lens you've ever used
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:06:40 -0400
The most disappointing lens from a major manufacturer that I've ever had is the Nikkor 24-120. I didn't have it long.
JP

At 05:48 AM 10/12/2001 -0700, you wrote:
This topic is aobut what lenses one should ALWAYS stay
away from. Lenses that have massive distortion, poor
build quality or just plain stink. Lenses that make
you want to scrub your eyes out with sand. Lenses that
can only be cured by a 250/2 zuiko and OM-3Ti. Lenses
that... well just make you feel that you could get
better pics with a $2.00 disposable made by Stop and
Go.
I have had experience with such a lens. I got it for
$35 from my local camera store when I was just getting
started. It was a JCPenny brand 80-200 f/4.5-6.5 zoom.
It was Brand New. I took it for a spin and the the
focusing ring came off! Turns out the lens casing
which was some cheap quality metal had a massive crack
in it and the whole lens literally fell apart in my
hands. The camera store wouldn't take it back in such
a condition and so I was stuck with a bunch of mostly
plastic lens elements and torn metal and stuff. I
don't know what caused the metal to crack like that
but it was amazing to watch.

Mark Lloyd