[OM] Databack 4 problem

Subject: [OM] Databack 4 problem
From: SKEETMAN@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:13:41 EDT
I'm having a problem with my Databack 4.  Date will not imprint on negative.
I talked to Camtech, tested back by looking through front of camera (without
lens mounted) in the dark to see the imprinting light flash when shutter is
released. No light.
Tried a small wire connected between camera body contact and Databack contact
point; got light on shutter release.  Conclusion: Databack, OK.  Then, why
does it not imprint the film?
How high should the contact peg be on the Databack?  It looks a bit low, but
it appears to be making contact with the body contactor. I am not sure, I
can't see inside when the back is closed.
Does the light stay on when you close the refrigerator door? Sorry, just a
feeble attempt at levity.

Albert J. Morla