Re: [OM] Zuiko 1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 1.2
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:59:43 +0200

Comparative tests at the time of the 50/1.2's introduction showed a much better
balance between centre and edge resolution; the 55mm edge resolution fell off
significantly from the centre, whereas the 50mm's edge was almost as good as the
centre. Build quality should be the same. Some of the early 55mm lens' could be
radioactive/yellowish....

Sincerely,
Roger Key

Does anyone know which of the 1.2 Zuikos were better than the other.  I have
the opportunity to get either a 55mm 1.2 or the 50mm 1.2 (the 55 seems to be
in better shape).  I plan on using it for astrophotography, so the 55 will
likely be better as it has a larger light gathering surface.  Any insight
(which one older, better coatings one one? etc....)  Also, which one may
have better collectors value?

Thanks,
-Bill