[OM] Olympus Winder 2

Subject: [OM] Olympus Winder 2
From: John Hudson <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:06:11 -0700

My Olympus Winder 2 is on the fritz and am wondering if anyone has a
suggestion. Last week I inserted new batteries and placed the camera body's
winder cap in the base of the winder for safe keeping. The winder and camera
have worked perfectly. Today I removed the winder from the camera body but
the winder's battery compartment is jammed. The battery compartment release
lever is ineffective. I have unscrewed the base plate / battery compartment
section from the winder / handle section and have removed the end piece from
the battery compartment to pry out the camera body's winder cap. The battery
holder within the compartment is jammed in place and has only an end to end
movement of perhaps half a millimeter.

I am wondering if any one might know how to release the battery holder? The
winder has not been abused.

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC