[OM] Prism Foam

Subject: [OM] Prism Foam
From: frankrad4@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 01:09:11 -0400
   I was changing the lens on my OM-1 today and noticed there was some
sticky foam on the corners of the mirror. I was able to clean the mirror
with denatured alcohol. I could get a back foam kit and replace the foam
for the back and mirror, but what about the prism? Can I check for foam
on top of the pentaprism? Why is there foam on top of the prism? If the
prism foam is removed are you supposed to replace it? My prism looks good
now but I would like to do some preventive maintenance. I have seen what
happens to an OM-1 with foam rot on the prism and it is not a pretty
site. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

  Frank