Re: [OM] extension tubes

Subject: Re: [OM] extension tubes
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:38:09 +0100
Wim Verheyen wrote:

> Does anyone of you folks know about the following extension tubes :
> 12mm Foca, 20mm Foca,  20mm Makinon, 36mm Foca ?
> Do you know if they are automatic or not ?
> I can have them second hand for a good price,
> certainly for a lot less than original OM tubes.
> I figure, there is no glass in them, so there is not much that can be wrong.
> Or am I missing something here ?

Don't know anything about the tubes you mention but yes, you really
can't go very far wrong with extension tubes.  I got a set of Vivitar
tubes a couple of months ago, 12+20+36mm I think, for 15 pounds.  It
seems that similar Olympus tubes cost several times as much.  Fool that
I am I gave the Vivitar tubes to my sister for use with her OM-10 so I'm
also on the lookout for similarly cheap macro bits.

Roger