Re: [OM] OM-1, OM, OOM, OOOMy Gawd!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1, OM, OOM, OOOMy Gawd!
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:37:30 -0400
She came to me today.  Although she was expected, the exact hour
of her coming was uncertain, and to find her waiting patiently at
my door, all bundled in her traveling garb, caused my heart to
race.  I brought her inside, trying to quell the rising excitement
I felt.  We both, of course, knew why she had come and what was
expected of her, so the foreplay was brief, though gentle, as I
disrobed her.  And soon she was bare before me, small and modest
in her nakedness, yet plainly proud and aware of her great beauty,
not at all uncomfortable beneath my gaze.  The loveliness of her
body all but took my breath away as I stood admiring the
smoothness and grace of its contours.  Though she was Japanese, a
word of German sprang to mind: wunderschon!

At first slowly and cautiously, then with more fervor as my
passion rose, I caressed her, then began to explore her more
fully, probing even her most secret parts.  It soon became clear
to me what she needed, what she had been missing and yearning for
all the time she had been shelved and unloved.  So, with trembling
hands guiding the coupling, I gently mounted her with my seven-
incher, thrusting it carefully into her, filling her emptiness,
feeling her come to life as we focused together for the first time.

As I write this now, only a couple of hours after our first
focusing, glancing across at her occasionally as she lies quiet
and serene, seeming so happy and satisfied, I now know what had
been missing in my life.  Oh, there have been, and still will be,
others, but the terrible realization that has descended upon me
today is that, should she ever go, I would again be incomplete,
and now, having known the happiness of possessing her, I would be
inconsolable.  But since we have focused with such great pleasure,
I am sure we will focus more and more, that we will focus all
times of the day and night, in all sorts of places and in all
kinds of weather, and we will be together a long, long time.

Reader's Digest version: The OM-1n arrived today from KEH, in such
great condition I'm surprised it wasn't still in the box.  The
only flaw is one small scratch near the tripod socket.
The "Passed" sticker looks like it's never been touched.  However,
it apparently has been serviced at some time or other.  There's a
sticker inside the back from "Voll-Service, Olympus Europa,
Olympus Optical Co., Hamburg."  (Maybe that's why the German came
to mind.)

I now know why everybody praises the OM-1 so highly -- it is a
real thing of beauty.  It's hard to put it down, and I'm not sure
exactly why.  The first lens I attached was a 180/2.8 Zuiko (just
over a seven-incher), and I think we are going to get along fine.
I plan to use it (her) when the mirror lock-up will be an
advantage over my OM-4s -- like when using long lenses and for
macro work with the bellows or 65-116 auto tube when not using
flash.  (IMO, any time flash is called for, it's OM-4 time.)

So where is Tom Scales?  Has he got that immaculate OM-2n I'm
supposed to need now?  :-)

Walt Wayman