Re: [OM] ..focus screen...

Subject: Re: [OM] ..focus screen...
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:15:44 +0200
: From what I remember it isn't completely linear, but I thought I
remembered
: approximately 1 1/2 stops. The only way to do it yourself would be by
: adjusting the ASA off by that amount. John H will install it and adjust
the
: meter properly, I believe.

Having the camera recalibrated may not be a smart move. Maybe sometime in
the future you want to try another screen, like the 1-10 for architecture,
the 1-8 for astrophotography or the 1-11 for macrophotography, and then the
readings from these screens will be off.

Constantly applying a compensation with the ASA dial is a better idea; an
even better solution may be to carry a hand held meter. In the OM-2(n)
there's nothing to worry about as long as you use AE only.

hnz