Re: [OM] Flash synch. problem with OM-2S

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash synch. problem with OM-2S
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:49:34 -0700 (PDT)
John Hermanson wrote:

try this test::

Open camera back, set to manual 1/60.  Set flash to high auto.  Point
camera at blank wall and fire shutter with camera 1-2 feet from your
face.  Look through shutter as you fire it.  You should see a full
frame of flash.

Then, turn flash off, fire shutter on B.  Does any part of the second
curtain show within the frame before you release the button?  If so,
curtains are out of position.

Thanks for that, John. Sorry it's taken me a while to respond but I've
been somewhat distracted by events in Indonesia. Anyway, I eventually
got around to carrying out both of the tests you suggested and I could
see nothing wrong. The impression I get is that there's no problem with
the mechanical shutter-speed settings but that the shutter is running
too fast for flash synch, in both auto and program modes.

As I mentioned before, the ambient light at the time was dim, so I
can't imagine why the OM-2S should have selected a high shutter speed.
Without flash I would have expected a shutter speed of perhaps 1/8 sec.

Any further advice will be gratefully accepted!

Regards,

=====
Ray