Re: [OM] extension tubes

Subject: Re: [OM] extension tubes
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:23:47 +0200

It was one of my 'OL's' that was 'bad'; I noticed it because someone had already
given the offending screw epoxy treatment when I bought it together with a lens.
Other than that one I have quite a few  'OL's' that are OK.  You can recognise
'bad' adapters by looking at the screw formation as though they form a clock
face; Good adapters have screws at 12, 4, 6, and 8 o'clock. Bad adapters have a
screw at (just after) 3 o'clock instead of at 4 o'clock.

Roger Key, CPH

>> One possible pitfall (also true for off-brand lenses): if you have an
>> OM-3(Ti) or OM-4(Ti) you must make sure the tubes only have three screws
>in
>> the lens mount. If there are four, they may damage the spot reset button.
>> This can be fixed however by filling one screw hole with epoxy.
>
>It seems to me that this is also a problem with Tamron's Adaptall 2 mounts.
>Which ones are safe with an OM-4?
>
>Bruce

Generally - the later Adaptall 2's that are marked 'OL' rather than 'OM' -
one screw position was shifted to avoid the problem so there are still four
retaining screws but in an oddly spaced configuration. Better check though
- someone once claimed an OL type with button stripping powers.
AndrewF