Re: [OM] IS-30 - $179 BIN

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-30 - $179 BIN
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:07:17 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "olympus-digest" <owner-olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 10:09 PM
Subject: olympus-digest V2 #2803

> Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:18:26 -0700
> From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] IS-30 - $179 BIN: was  [OM] IS-3 - $179 BIN
> > From Tom Scales:
> >
> > The picture doesn't look to be his camera, so ask questions, but it is a
> > good price.
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1285195114
> >

> That's a fair price for a BIN on an IS-30. It would be a quite good BIN on
> an IS-3 as they are usually ~$280 or more. Note that this camera is a
> 'refurbished' and I'm not sure what that means. If John H. worked on it then
> I'm not worried, but new would be better. A local camera store (SF Bay area)
> has an IS-30 new for ~$400; needless to say I didn't buy that one!

Then again you can get a new iS-30 for $244.98 at HotBuysElectronics.com:
http://www.hotbuyselectronics.com/olympus_is_30_dlx_is300_35mm_slr_camera.htm

Also ebyweb seems to have a fair price on this camera:
http://stores.yahoo.com/ebyweb/olympusis30dlx.html

Don't know anything about any of them though. Anyone who does?

Regards,

Per Nordenberg