Re: [OM] OM-2000 anyone have much experience?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2000 anyone have much experience?
From: "JOHN SCHEUERER" <jhs8956@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 20:14:48 -0400
Hi,
I bought the OM 2000 a couple years ago for abought $150.00 [I think thats about the correct price if my memory serves me right].I love the spot metering on it. In my opinion it's dead on. Great exposures!!! However,on mine, the mirror occasionally hangs up during longer exposures,especially in the summer.[hmmm!] The shutter is VERY LOUD [ALMOST EAR PIERCING].If it breaks somehow,or needs an overhaul, You could get it fixed for almost the same price that it cost to get a new one. Personally, I recomend that you NEVER EVER buy one from e-bay unless it's almost free.Your much better off just getting one brand new because they're cheap enough. Since then I've bought an OM2 for about $180.00 used in excelent[9+] condition from ritzcam.com. In my opinion it's just a much better camera. Get a used OM2s if you want spot metering. The OM2 or 2S is more expensive usually then an OM2000 but they're a much better camera all around. The reason I bought the OM 2000 first instead of the others is BECAUSE IT WAS A NEW PRODUCT [yaknow,used car fear syndrome]. Based on many facts,opinions,and experience, the OM2000 is NOT A BETTER MADE product. I still use it and genuinely like it alot,BUT I hate it next to the OM2.Not a bad second body ...but... others on the list can fill you in on spec details for the OM2000 OM2[S] etc. if you need them. Hope this helps.
                                                     John