[OM] OM Specs

Subject: [OM] OM Specs
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 22:46:15 EDT
Cc: thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx

My OM-2n can do autoexposures to about 3m35s, does this mean that the
autoexposure for a 2n is actually limited by one of the boards
automatically shutting down? If so, is there a way to permanently power
this board or increase the limit (except by buying an OM-2 and using slower
film)?
<<
My memory is if you change some of the resitors on the P board (under the
baseplate) you can change the times. (Also you can change the resistor
feeding the LED limiter that actually does the cut off, not so good). The
range of acceptable values before the P circuit no longer times at all, is
limited but you probably can double the time. If you overdo it the camera may
never time out in complete dark except by battery exhaustion. The service
manual has some details of acceptable values for the parts.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes