Re: [OM] What battery or spacer for a 1.5 volt altered OM 1

Subject: Re: [OM] What battery or spacer for a 1.5 volt altered OM 1
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:52:26 -0700
on 10/19/01 6:32 AM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx at NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> John, Perhaps this should go off list, however we have started the
> conversation here I'll continue it here for the benefit of others who might
> have an interest.  The camera has been converted to give accurate reading
> with the 1.5 V battery.  Do you offer the spacer by itself and/or is it a
> standard hardware item that would be available at Home Depot or that type of
> store.  Bill Barber

Another thing you might look for is an o-ring in the right size. They are
numbered as #-### with the first number calling out the material
cross-section diameter and the second number calling out the inside diameter
of the hole. Those two numbers define the size of the piece.

Being rubber, they are a little stretchy... one just slightly smaller ID
than a 357 battery would be a good choice, and I suspect a 2- or 3- would be
the right cross-section size.

Most cities will have a "o-ring and seals" distributor selling mostly to
businesses, but you could probably snag a handful as samples by asking at
the will-call counter.
--

Jim Brokaw