Re: [OM] OM Specs

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Specs
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 15:32:03 +0200
At 08:10 21.10.01, Tim Hughes wrote:
When the timer times out it switches on the LED and it's light output is then
integrated by the photocells. When they have recieved enough light the
shutter trips just as if the light had been reflected off the film.  This
does lead to two times a long time from the main timer and a shorter time
that depends  on the ASA set .....

Thanks, Tim! I smell an afternoon's work here if I can find the service manual.
BTW, this is really bad timing, as I was hoping to sell off my OM-2n after aquiring a bargain OM-3 some weeks ago. Please, somebody tell me I can do a similar modification to an OM-4T ;-) I guess in the OM-4 and beyond they've simply used a digital timer, which if it is a separate one - and accessible - would make it even easier to modify.

Regards,
Thomas Bryhn