[OM] OT: Weston Master IV repair

Subject: [OM] OT: Weston Master IV repair
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:25:34 +0100
Dear Folks,

OM content: the Weston Master IV I've carried for twenty years as a back
up to my OM1 has died on me (and needless to say I never needed it as
the OM1 meter has always worked perfectly).

However, as I've been getting into other photo projects I need my meter.
So, I found I could buy a new selenium cell for it (the usual fault). I
set to and stripped the meter down to replace the cell.

I nearly did it. I've managed to get it stripped to the plate which
holds the cell against its window. The problem I have is that there
appear to be 4 screws holding in the plate. Two at the top (scale end)
are easy to remove, but two screw posts at the meter movement end I
can't see a way to remove.

The two screws in question act as guides for the meter clamp mechanism.
A sliding plate pushed by the slide switch on the meter side run on, and
are held by these two posts. They have no flats, so I can't turn them.
Neither can I remove the slide plate.

Does anyone know, or know anyone who might know, how to remove the
plate?

Chris Barrett
Malvern