Re: [OM] IS/L Lens B-300 HQ Converter 1.7x different question

Subject: Re: [OM] IS/L Lens B-300 HQ Converter 1.7x different question
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:12:12 +0200
Yes it does, Mark - as yo can easily see through the viewfinder. As
long as the lenses you attach the converter to have a 55mm filter
thread, you will be OK. A step down ring is an option for the 49mm
lenses, although the A-200 converter is a more economical solution.

I have used the B-300 with very good results on the 90mm macro lens -
just like John is planning to do. But it will also convert a
relatively cheap 200/f4 into a 340/f4.2 which is as good as a 300/4.5.
Only disadvantages are the missing tripod mount below the gravity
center and the impossibility to mount a filter - but OTOH you gain
some light or speed _and_ distance with the converter...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.