Re: [OM] (OT) Of Wilderness, OMs and the barter faire

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Of Wilderness, OMs and the barter faire
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:10:38 -0700

From: Doggre@xxxxxxx

> Gee, no Mike, afraid I'm not familiar with it.  Can you fill us in?
>
> Rich

Rich, The barter faire was last weekend and has become an institution in
Tonasket. (Actually there are faires all over the country but I'm not
familiar with them) It used to be in a different site each year in the
Okanogan but the community has purchased property for the faire. It's
located several miles east of Tonasket and north of Hwy 20 opposite Tunk
Mtn. The original model was the age old get together to exchange the
bounty of the summer season. Now it has lost a bit of that flavor but a
lot of trading still goes on. There's quite a mix of colorful
charactors. Want to know were all the old hippies went? Want to see
mountain men from montana? There are RV'ers, horse traders, swap meet
types, garage sale folks and those that come for the day to just look.
Check it out sometime when you go over there.

Mike
--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West