[OM] Well, folks, I'm back!

Subject: [OM] Well, folks, I'm back!
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:52:43 -0600
After almost a three-month break from reading list mail, I'm back.
Several folks enquired during my sabbatical when I'd be coming back,
and I said "probably as soon as the snow flies."  Well, the bloody damn
snow if flying in Edmonton, so it's time to hunker down in the house.

For those of you who are pampered and living in Texas (or somewhere
else warm), here's proof (taken yesterday with the cheap Kodak digital)
that winter is fast approaching in Edmonton:

http://www.joinco.ca/chris/mypictures/winter1.jpg
http://www.joinco.ca/chris/mypictures/winter2.jpg

So, what have I been up to?  Not much!  Cori and I did buy an 18 foot
trailer, and spent some time touring the countryside:

http://www.joinco.ca/chris/mypictures/trailer/index.html

Having a trailer means having more room to carry gear (of course!), but I
continue to prove to myself that I'm better at collecting cameras than
using them.  The best of the bunch were taken during a trip to
Revelstoke over the Labor Day weekend:

http://www.joinco.ca/chris/mypictures/laborday/index.html

It's also been rather interesting on the collecting front.  I picked-up a
gorgeous 300/4.5 and brand-spanking-new 85/2 (still paying for both, but
they sure are fun!).  Also added several lenses to my OM-77AF outfit
(don't knock the 77AF...  it's sure fun to shoot with!).  Then there's the
Pen F (due back from repair "any day now"), a 35-SP, and assorted
goodies that have now completely taken-over the dining room table.

Oh, yeah, lest I forget, please forgive me for gloating...  I nabbed a 2-Xa
teleconverter for CDN$60 ('bout US$40)!  Move over Doris!

Other than that, there isn't much to report about my sabbatical.  I must
say that it's good to be back.  Work continues to be *very* busy, so I
probably won't be a very prolific (probably much to everyone's delight!),
but you *will* hear from me from time to time.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  That confession in my last e-mail before going on sabbatical was
false...  I'm NOT a Zuikoholic!  :-)

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca