Re: [OM] Custom OM leathers (followup)

Subject: Re: [OM] Custom OM leathers (followup)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 22:27:23 -0600
On 23 Oct 2001, at 20:07, M. Royer wrote:

> It appears that Mr. Sparks has made it as easy as possible to "do it
> yourself" but even so is it easy to put the covers?

Lemme put it this way...  I'm *not* allowed to try to fix anything 'round
here because the end result is usually a much larger repair bill than
would have been incurred had I left it alone and called the pro in the first
place.  I'm occassionally allowed to handle hand tools, as I'm only a
danger to myself, but power tools are totally out of a question as I'm
then a danger to both myself *and* society as a whole.

Having said that, installing Morgan's leathers (grey snake) on my OM-4
was a snap.  He provided pretty good instructions, I followed them to the
letter (with close supervision by Cori), and everything fit as it should.  It
was a bit nerve racking removing the original cover (I was afraid they'd
tear), but once I got past that point it went pretty easily.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Chris