Re: [OM] Just got OM-1n back from John H :)

Subject: Re: [OM] Just got OM-1n back from John H :)
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:31:43 -0600
On 24 Oct 2001, at 17:06, Bill Stanke wrote:

> Long-time list member Chris O'Neill has developed a comprehensive
> program that is restorative, but only if you follow his guidance
> exactly.  First, you'll need to carefully wrap and send him both of your 24
> mm shift lenses.  Better send him all of your OM bodies as well.

Finally!!!  A supporter!!!  (It's about bloody time!)

> Chris will probably want to start you off with a Kodak disposable, but
> this should be no problem for you, since you live in Rochester, after
> all.

Yes, the recovery process starts with a Kodak disposable, or a Fuji if
you'd prefer.  Film choice is a personal thing.  But, I digress.

Next, we "promote" you to the Polaroid JoyCam (or I-Zone).  That,
however, is about as far as we recommend a recovering Zuikoholic
goes.  Our research shows that for those who go from a Polaroid to a
standard 35mm (*any* 35mm), the vast majority eventually slip back
into the addiction.  It's just too easy to delude oneself by saying, "If I
can handle owning a Rebel, I know I can handle owning *just one*
Olympus."  Sorry, folks, but it just doesn't work that way.

> Yes Mark, you're lucky to have stumbled into this caring (virtual)
> community of committed brothers and sisters.  With luck, commitment and
> dedication, you can beat this thing, and go on to live a useful and
> productive life. <EG>

Yes you can kick the habit, Mark.  And, you'll even eventually learn to
ignore all those snickers and pointing as you use your JoyCam or I-
Zone.

Patiently waiting for the two 24 shifts to arrive...

Regards,

Chris