[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2816

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2816
From: Jim Mueller <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:26:22 -0700
Hello Group,

I just joined this Olympus email group using the Digest format.  This first
email of mine is just a test to see my email will be
read by you all and if it's going to be contained in the next Olympus-Digest.

I'm a programmer with an interest in astronomy and photography.

I bought a new OM2000 body and a used 50mm f1.8 lens a while back for
astrophotography purposes. Then I stumbled upon an OM-1n with
a 50mm f1.8 in near mint that I had to have. I sent away for light seals and 2
new px625 mercury batteries. Then of course, I had
to have a Zuiko 28mm f2.8 and a wonderful Zuiko 65-200mm Zoom. Today, I just
sent away for a Zuiko MC 135mm f2.8.

I'm watching an OM-4ti  (Champagne) with a 6 month warranty on ebay now.

I don't know where this will end but I got the bug bad!

I noticed B&H has stopped selling the OM2000. I wonder if this camera is being
discontinued. If it is it's too bad because it's a
great buy. I LOVE the spot metering on mine. The viewfinder is real bright too.

I slapped together a crude Web site with a few photos taken with my OM2000 and
65-200 Zoom for those are interested. (The Web
address below). This is a work in progress and will be updated and improved
time permitting.

I hope this gets through.

Regards

--