Re: [OM] n*k*n Coolscan rant (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] n*k*n Coolscan rant (OT)
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 11:21:57 +0200
: to install the new version of Nikon Scan (3.1) to see if it helped.  After
: several installation tries it still would not recognized the LS-30
scanner,
: so I called Nikon.  Turns out that although he readme file clearly states
: that v.3.1 supports the LS-30, there are no drivers for a Win2000 OS.

I have the LS-30 and Nikon Scan 3.1 working with Windows 2000 Server. I use
the Twain driver version of Nikon Scan, controlled from third party software
like Photoshop or PhotoImpact. The stand alone version of Nikon Scan  seems
to freeze on my system during startup. The only advantage this software
gives you is that it can directly output the batch scans to disc (like
VueScan does).

The interface of Scan 3.1 still sucks. Why don't they move all the controls
to the left pane instead of putting them in a different non-floating window?
Why are there so few command available on that stupid Star Wars styled
remote control on the upper left? Of course the interface of VueScan also
sucks. Sigh...

hnz