Re: [OM] Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens sharpness
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 12:17:12 EST
I'll preface my comments by saying I just won the bid on a 35-70/3.6 on eBay.
 I wanted it because they are somewhat rare and it's reputation for
sharpness.  I already have a 35-70/4.0.

With that said, I love the Olympus system because it is so easy to carry
about.  Even with the 35-70/4 on my OM body it is a managable weight and
balance on a wide neck strap.  Most of my photos are color negative and
seldom are they blown up beyond 5 x 7.  I think any Oly lens will produce
more than acceptable results with that magnification.  I have shot
architectural photos with a 35/2 and a 28/2.8 and had they blown up to 11 x
14.  The results are beautiful.

So, it seems to me that with a reasonably thought out selection of Oly lenses
one can undertake most types of photography.  All systems have their
limitations.  I don't expect my Olympus system to be all things to all
people.  But it is sufficiently elegant and produces such beautiful results
(still beyond my limited photography skills) that I wouldn't trade it for a
wunderbrick.

I've said it before, " Go out and burn up some film!"  Enjoy the results.

Dave Dougherty